Canada Plans to Welcome Over 500,000 Newcomers Per Year! (2023 to 2025. Are You in search on How to Apply For Canada Students Visa? Canada is the best destination for international students who wish to study Abroad.
Canada’s is among the best educational system across the world, with some of the best institutions and colleges with low tuitions and a great learning environment.
In order to be able to study in Canada, you must apply for a student’s permit.
Content within this article is how To apply for Canada students visa without stress.
Why apply for Canada students visa?
There are lots of reasons to apply for Canada students visa, as Canada offers one of the best and affordable educational system.
• Canada has a low cost of living
• Canada has alot of fully funded scholarships
• The Standard of living is high
• Canada is one among the safest countries in the world for international Students
• Tuitions fees are affordable compared to other first-world countries
• Canada’s Top Universities
Canada Top Universities include:
• Toronto University
• University of British Columbia
• Montreal university
• University of Alberta
• Ottawa University
• McGill University
Who Needs a Study Permit?
International students who wish to study in Canada need a study permit to legally study in Canada. However, the following may be an exception may be made;
• Short-term students
• Family members or employees of foreign officials
• Foreign armed force members
• Registered Indians in Canada
• Minor children in Canada
• Temporary residents and asylum seekers who take French language and culture courses
Steps to Apply for Canada Students Visa
There are requirements to gain your student visa, these steps will be summarized in 5 easy steps
1. Get accepted by a Canadian DLI: it is only possible to get a students visa from DLI approved schools in Canada.
If you are accepted to another college, you will not be eligible for a student visa. However, Canada is a destinations to a wide array of fantastic DLI educational universities.
• You have to be accepted to one of the DLI-approved colleges in Canada
• You have to pass a medical examination to ensure that you won’t give excessive stress to Canada’s health-care system
• pass a police result showing that you have no criminal record
• Have enough financially to fund you through your staying in Canada
• Prove that you will leave Canada once your study permit expires
These require written proof that the applicant must submit as part of their study permit.
2. Gather Documentations: The first step to any international application is to align necessary documents that meets the required criteria
• Proof of Acceptance: you must submit an electrical and physical letter approved by a DLI college in Canada.
• Proof of Identification: You must submit a valid identification document that is detailed for your application to be valid
• Proof of Finances: this shows that you have adequate funds to fund you studies and you living in Canada. The government accepts proof of finances in the following ways:
– Evidence of a student loan from a bank: 4 months’ bank statements
– proof of payment if you have already paid for tuition and housing
– a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a Canadian financial company
– a letter from your financial sponsor
– proof of a scholarship or financial aid
– a bank draft that an authority can convert to Canadian Dollars
– Guarantee you have a Canadian bank account if you have transferred money to Canada
The government will accept any of the above credentials as financial documents.
Other documents: some other documents may be required for certain applicants , You may need to include a letter of explanation specifically to explain what you want to study and what type of work you’ll be doing in Canada.
• If you’re applying to study in Quebec for more than six months, you will need a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) from the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI). Your school will give you instructions on how to apply.
• Candidate who are under the age of 18 may also need a notarized Custodian Declaration from a custodian living in Canada. The custodian of the minor must sign this declaration.
• The government of Canada may request for more information concerning your country , if so you have a month to send all the necessary documents.
Also, a scanner is needed to make the electronic copies of these documents. And a credit card to pay the fees.
3. Complete the Application: The Canadian government gave an application manual which directs you on your to complete the application form field.
You will be asked a few question before you allowed to upload your form, after which the Canadian government will create a custom document list for you which is based on these answers
4. Pay the Fees: Ensure you know the exact fees to pay, and payments are made before you can upload your information. The student visa application fees are as follows:
• Study permit (including extensions) – per individual 150
• Renewing your student status costs $200 and a new study permit, $150 = $350
5. Submit your application: once you have followed the other steps, you may submit your information to the Canadian government. The government is Canada mandates applicant to apply online through the Canadian government web portal.
However, applicants with disabilities who cannot apply online, non-national resident, refugee or stateless persons may be allowed to apply in paper.
When to Apply
• If you’re a prospective international candidate who is living outside is Canada, you’re to apply before entering Canada.
• we recommend you apply immediately after getting your acceptance letter
• The Canadian government recommends you apply within June as the latest, this is to ensure that you get enough processing time before a new term.
If you must apply via paper, you may submit your application to your Visa Application Centre.
Take a look at our breakdown of How to apply for Canada Students Visa application process.
Apply for a Student Visa
After you’ve submitted your application, the Canadian government will go through your application to ensure you have included all necessary documents. You may also be asked to;
• Attend an interview with Canadian officials in your home country
• Provide additional information
• Go for a medical examination
• Obtain a police clearance certificate
Also, always remember that if any of these detail is missing, your application will be rejected.
Your application will be null until all complete details is sent. This may greatly delay the processing time.
Student Work in Canada
How Many Hours Can you Work off campus?
Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during the semester. You may take up multiple work in order to balance your finances too. But ensure you work within the required limit as working more than 20 hours is a violation of the Study permit and you may loose your study permit as a result.
Working More Than 20 Hours Per Week Off Campus
From November 15, 2022, to December 31, 2023, some category of students will be allowed to work more than 20 hours per week off campus while classes run, but there are the conditions.
• You must be a study permit holder and study at a DLI full-time
• You must have approval for a study permit but haven’t arrived in Canada yet
• Your application must have been received on or before October 7, 2023
• You must have off-campus work authorization
• You must be in Canada on or before 31,December, 2023.
• You must be a full-time student
• You can’t work before the first school semester
• If your program doesn’t have scheduled breaks
You can work up to 20 hours per week
• Working more than 20 hours per week violates your study permit conditions. You can lose your student status for doing this, and may not be approved for a study or work permit in the future and you may also have to leave the country.
Get Your Canadian Student Journey Going
If you think you have what it takes to join Canada’s millions of international students, it’s time to apply.
You’re now familiar with the requirements and process for the application for a study permit in Canada, but If you have any further questions, contact an RCIC and get your process to study and work in Canada started.
FAQs on How to Apply for Canada Students Visa
What are the requirements to apply for a study permit in Canada?
To apply for a study permit in Canada, you need the following documents;
• 4 Passport of (6 month validity)
• Student visa application forms
• Passport pictures
• Evidence of admission
• Proof of financial means
• Police Checks documents
• International student health insurance
What is a study visa?
A student visa is a government-issued immigration document granted by a consulate general or embassy, which allows a person to study in Canada for a given amount of time. It’s a stamp placed in the inside page of your passport that acts as an authorization to study in Canada for as long as it is valid.
How long is a student visa?
Normally, the study visa is issues for the amount of time your study lasts. If your study program lasts from a year, then the study visa that will be given to you will be a year valid visa, but in a case your study lasts for 2 years, you will be issued an F-1 visa that is valid for a year, and when the valid period is about to end, you’ll have to issue a renewals of the permit.
What are the two types of student visa?
• F-1 Student Visa: for study at an accredited Canada or U.S. college or university or to study English at an English language institute.
• J-1 Exchange Visa: for participation in an exchange program, including high school and university study.
How do I know if my visa is approved?
You’re able to check the visa stamping status online by visiting the official website of the visa issuing authority of the country you wish to travel to . You can check the status by using your passport number or else you can even use your application or reference number.