Google Workspace was known as G Suite until 2022. Google transitioned from G Suite to Google Workspace at the end of June 2022. Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, YouTube, and Meet are now free to private users in Google Workspace.
Companies that previously had a paid G Suite subscription for individual or multiple users were moved to the premium Workspace version. Solo entrepreneurs, on the other hand, utilize Google Workspace Individual. Google now offers four excellent options through Workspace: Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise. These differ in price, functionality and storage capacity, conference tools, and security and administrative features.
Google Workspace can be canceled with a few simple steps. Remember that all associated data will be deleted when you delete a Google account. Administrators can terminate the subscription from their Workspace account.
Step-by-step instructions on How to Delete Google Workspace
Suppose you no longer want to utilize Google services and prefer to switch to a Workspace alternative. In that case, you must cancel your account, not simply your subscription. You’ll also have to delete your entire Google account. If you want to stop using the services included in the free Workspace plan, such as Gmail, Docs, or Meet, you can do the same as a private user.
Follow these simple steps to remove your Google account:
- Step 1: Log in to your Google account using your credentials.
- Step 2: Go to Data and Privacy.
- Step 3: Scroll down to Data and privacy choices, then select Delete Google account from the More options.
- Step 4: Now follow the instructions to delete the account. By selecting the Delete account, you accept the terms and confirm the deletion.
How to terminate a Google Workspace subscription.
Suppose you are a one-person firm or have numerous Workspace users. In that case, you can cancel your subscription immediately through Google Workspace Admin.
You may cancel your Workspace subscription or deactivate your complete Google account, which includes your Gmail account, in a few simple steps. However, deleting a Google account erases any data associated with your contacts, chats, saved documents, files, and connected YouTube accounts. Conversely, cancellation merely deletes the user accounts and data linked to Google Workspace, as well as the associated groups and organizational units.
- Step 1: Sign in to Google Workspace Admin using your login credentials.
Step 2: Go to Billing and pick Subscriptions.
- An overview of existing subscriptions in the Google Workspace admin console.
Select the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Step 3: Navigate to More and select the appropriate workspace subscription (if there are many).
- Now click Cancel Subscriptions. Select a reason for cancellation and click Next.
- Selected subscription with an opportunity to cancel the contract.
- Cancel your subscription by clicking the button.
- Step 4: To proceed, please confirm your option with Cancel the subscription and enter your Google address again.
- Step 5: You should now receive an instant cancellation confirmation by email. The cancellation shall be completed within 84 days at the latest.
- How to Delete A Pinterest Account
- How to Delete Flipkart Account
- How to Delete AWS Account
- How to Delete Zoom Account
Suppose you mistakenly delete the wrong Google Workspace account or change your mind. In that case, you can reactivate your Google and administrator accounts. However, this option is only available for up to 20 days following deletion.
What You Should Know Before Deleting Your Google Workspace Account.
Are you going to remove your Google Workspace account? Here’s what you should know first.
- Deleting a Google Workspace account deletes all your data, including any files you’ve shared with others and projects you’ve been working on.
- You can only delete a Google Workspace account if you have administrative capabilities.
- Suppose you wish to keep using your Google workspace after you delete it. You may register a new account or utilize an external file storage provider such as Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Deleting your Google Workspace will not affect your productivity or workflows; they will remain intact on all devices associated with the account.
- To erase a workspace account and any connected devices, first deactivate it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cancellation period for Google Workspace?
You can cancel your Google Workspace subscription at any moment. The billing period specified determines when it takes effect. Billing for a flexible payment plan terminates at the end of the current month, and for annual/fixed-term payment plans, once any unpaid costs are deducted.
Google Workspace provides a 14-day trial period.
When this period ends, the subscription is not automatically converted to a paid subscription. The shift to a paid Workspace subscription will occur only if you confirm your domain for Workspace or set up billing for Google Workspace within 14 days.
Does deleting Google workspace account affect other Google services?
Deleting or canceling your Workspace account impacts the data and applications you use and store with Google. For example, if you delete your Workspace account, you will lose access to Gmail, Calendar, Meet, and Docs. Likewise, files, attachments, and user rights saved in Drive or Gmail would be destroyed.
When you cancel (but do not delete) your Google services subscription, functions like YouTube and Photos will remain available. User accounts, organizational units, and groups associated with your Workspace account will be lost.
This detailed post has explained how to terminate several components of your Google Workspace account, including subscriptions and the actual accounts. It answers typical questions with step-by-step instructions for each activity, allowing users to traverse the cancellation procedures effortlessly.