The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) (US Embassy Global Undergraduate Exchange Program) application is open for the 2024/25 academic session. This program provides non-degree undergraduate study abroad in the United States on a competitive scale to university students.
This Program also known as the Global UGRAD program provides a one semester scholarships to undergraduate students around the world with outstanding performance for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
Scholarship to be taken in: USA
Study Level: Undergraduate
Number of Awards: Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Nationality: See eligible countries
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, North Macedonia, Palestinian Territories (West Bank and Gaza), Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2022/23- Apply
To be eligible for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24 aimed aimed at Non-U.S. Citizens, applicants must meet the following criteria;
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Must be a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program
• Must have completed secondary education in their home country
• Must have a solid command of written and spoken English
• Must be able to begin studies in the United States in August 2023 or January 2024 (selected participants may not defer to a later date)
• Must be eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program
• Must be cleared by a physician to participate in the program
• Must be committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Applicants for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24 are to apply through the public Affairs section of the U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission in your home country.
Visit the Official Website for more Details https://www.worldlearning.org/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program/